X Ultra 4 Mid Wide GTX
The Salomon X Ultra 4 Mid Wide Gore-tex hiking boots are as agile as a trail shoe, but with all the stability, grip and waterproof protection you need to tackle technical problems. terrain. Equipped with a new chassis, the boot is even better at protecting sensitive joints without compromising freedom of movement. Thanks to the experience in trail running, this shoe is lighter and more agile, so you can fly over rough terrain. The new ADV-C chassis focuses on the outer foot joints to optimize stability without limiting your mobility, while the higher cut provides additional ankle support. The Contagrip MA outsole grips the terrain, even when wet or slippery, giving you more control, especially on descents. Weighs 425g.
- improved stability: The new ADV-C Chassis targets articulations on the outer foot to optimize stability without limiting your mobility, while the higher cut provides extra ankle support
- all-terrain grip: The Contagrip® MA outsole grabs the terrain, even when it's wet or slippery, giving you more control especially on descents
- women-specific: With softer materials, especially around the collar and heel, a lower-density chassis and bigger last, this shoe is designed for women's feet
- Contagrip® MA is built for the widest variety of surfaces. It balances both the geometry and the rubber compound to deliver confidence on wet, dry, hard or loose surfaces, and offer long-term durability
- ADV-C chassis: Protecting ankle articulations on the outer foot, this chassis provides extra stability while also keeping the front of the shoe flexible for a more fluid ride
- active support: These mobile wings help hold the foot in place and accompany its movement, adapting to its shape and volume
- chevron lugs: Lug design with deep penetration and multi-directional grip, improving traction on soft surfaces like mud or loose dirt
- EnergyCell: A high performance EVA foam that provides shock attenuation.
- PU coated leather: A polyurethane coated leather that protects it and makes it stronger to last longer
- water repellent: A special treatment is applied to provide extra protection, ensuring that the fabric does not absorb water during light rain and showers
- mesh and textile lining: A soft, breathable lining for extreme comfort
- gusseted tongue: The tongue is connected to the upper on both sides, preventing debris from entering the shoe, and keeping the tongue centred
- protective toecap: A protective piece of rubber, leather or synthetic material over the toe area
- SensiFit cradles the foot from the midsole to the lacing system, providing a secure, snug, and virtually customized fit all around the foot
- protective mudguard: A wrap of leather, synthetic or rubber around the base of the foot that protects the lateral and medial sides of the foot
- Molded OrthoLite® sockliner: Moulded to match the contours of your foot, this OrthoLite® insole provides superior cushioning, as well as breathability and durability, to upgrade the comfort and performance of our footwear
- regular laces: Traditional lacing system with eyelets
- GORE-TEX keeps your feet dry -from the outside as well as from the inside.
- PFC free: To help reduce our impact on the environment, no harmful PFC (Perfluorocarbons) are used to ensure the water repellency of our shoes. Our waterproof GORE-TEX models are free from PFCec (Perfluorocarbons of environmental concern) but may contain some PFC
Our on-line store is open 24/7 and we ship Monday through Friday, excluding some holidays. Orders received for products without shipping restrictions on its product page will ship the same business day when received before 12:00 p.m. PST. Orders in high demand will have an estimated production time listed on its product page and will ship according to the date listed.
Who we are
"Established in 1968 as Southern Cross Equipment, we are now a member of a retail company called The Outdoor Life Group. Private ownership provides us with the freedom to choose our own business path. We have therefore developed a retailing concept that excites us, and which we hope will inspire you.
We hope that you find us both welcoming and knowledgeable, and always willing to help you plan your next adventure."
Sample Facebook Testimonials
Amanda Warriner - 5★ "I spent close to 3 hours in this store today, being fitted for and choosing a pack, and the staff are fantastic. Helpful, knowledgeable, patient and friendly - and I think I'm probably a fussy customer and I have difficulty finding packs that fit comfortably. Has to be my best experience in this kind of store to date."
Tom Brickhill - 5★ "My favourite outdoor shop in Sydney. This is where you go if you want to see gear stocked because of it's quality, not just because it's corporate overload has pumped out another 10,000 puffer jackets that need to be moved before next season. Knowledgeable staff that actually partake in trekking and travelling themselves. Definitely worth dropping in!"
Adam Jude Baus - 5★ "Always friendly, helpful staff with great knowledge. Great range of good quality products (nothing really low end) including Australian/NZ brands e.g. Wilderness Equipment, One Planet and Aarn. Never had a fuss with exchanging unused gear within the 2 week period."